Become a Respiratory Therapist
You have been thinking a lot lately about what you are going to do with the rest of your life. And as you considered various careers, health care sounds like a good choice.
Why not become a respiratory therapist?
The demand for respiratory therapists has never been higher, so job stability is excellent. Continued growth in biomedical technology ensures the field will never get boring. The opportunity to help people and make a lasting and meaningful difference in the lives of others means you’ll get much more out of your career than just a paycheck.
But with all the health care professions out there, how can you know which one is right for you? It’s not an easy decision, but if you agree with the following statements, you might discover respiratory therapy is exactly what you’ve been looking for:
- I enjoy helping people in their time of need.
- I like working with technology and I’m good in math and science.
- I want to work in a profession with lots of variety.
- I want the ability to work in a variety of places with patients of all ages.
- I’m looking for a career with multiple opportunities for advancement—not just one.
If this sounds like you, respiratory therapy could be a great fit!