AARC is searching for a visionary leader to fill the newly-created role of Vice-President of Meetings, Conventions, and Business Development. This executive-level position demands a strategic mind adept at planning meetings, cultivating partnerships, and driving business growth. Are you ready to help shape the future of AARC? Apply now and lead our dynamic team in propelling AARC to new heights. This is your chance to make an indelible mark on the respiratory care profession and redefine success in the field of respiratory meetings.
To apply, email your résumé and salary requirements to LaVerne Davis, AARC Chief Financial Officer.
Vice President of Meetings, Conventions, and Business Development
Meetings, Conventions, and Business Development
The Vice President of Meetings, Conventions, and Business Development at the American Association for Respiratory Care (AARC) primary role is leading the planning, execution, and overall success of our organization’s meetings, conferences, conventions, and driving revenue growth. Which includes strengthening and developing new strategic partnerships, deriving, and implementing successful sponsorship programs, and fostering strategic alliances. This role requires a strategic thinker with a strong background in event management, team leadership, and a passion for delivering exceptional experiences. With experience developing and implementing successful sponsorship programs and fostering strategic alliances.
- Develop and implement a comprehensive meetings and conventions strategy aligned with AARC’s organizational goals.
- Stay abreast of industry trends and best practices to ensure innovative and relevant event offerings.
- Oversee the end-to-end planning and execution of meetings, including Summer forum, Congress, and other events.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to ensure seamless coordination of logistics, marketing, and attendee engagement.
- Cultivate and maintain strong relationships with vendors, negotiating contracts and managing performance to ensure the highest level of service.
- Evaluate and select vendors based on cost, reliability, and quality.
- Lead and inspire a high-performing team, fostering a collaborative and results-oriented culture.
- Develop and manage budgets for meetings, conventions, sponsorships, and business development activities ensuring financial objectives are met.
- Manage expenses and provide regular reports on financial performance.
- Identify cost-saving opportunities without compromising the quality of events.
- Anticipate and mitigate potential risks related to events, ensuring a proactive and contingency-focused approach.
- Implement strategies to enhance the safety and security of attendees.
- Establish key performance indicators (KPIs) and parameters to access the success of events, sponsorship, and all business development activities.
- Conduct post-event analysis and identify areas for improvement.
- Identify potential sponsors based on strategic fit, target audience and revenue potential.
- Collaborate with internal teams to create compelling sponsorship packages that align with sponsorship objectives and deliver value.
- Lead the identification and pursuit of new business opportunities to drive revenue growth.
- Build and maintain a robust pipeline of potential partners.
- Cultivate and maintain strong relationships with existing sponsors to ensure their satisfaction and retention.
- Collaborate with internal team to ensure the successful implementation of sponsorship commitments.
- Negotiate sponsorship agreements & contracts to maximize value for both parties and ensure compliance with contractual obligations.
- Set clear goals and objectives, regularly assess performance, and provide constructive feedback.
- Provide guidance and mentorship to team members, encouraging professional growth and development.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with questions or comments, we’d love to hear from you.